Location: Vaughan, ON
JUST A 5-MINUTE WALK FROM VAUGHAN METROPOLITAN CENTRE SUBWAY STATION
Apply to this position: firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit more about our company ...
Omnivex Corporation provides software that enables organizations to transform data into visual communications and experiences. Our focus is on digital communications platforms to enable organizations to easily collect, process, and deliver targeted information across their entire business on any screen. Our goal is to improve our customers’ employee engagement, drive safety, reduce costs, build brand awareness, market growth and improve customer experience with visual communications. If this sounds intriguing to you, be part of our energetic and fast growing team!
As the Accounting Manager, your primary job function is providing management and oversight of the operational accounting activities and financial guidance in other areas of the company. This would include the management of Accounts Receivable and Contract Administration, Accounts Payable and License Registration as well as Reception and administrative functions. The role also entails hands-on general accounting and financial reporting.
Here’s what you will get to do:
- oversee the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and credit and collections functions in a timely manner;
- preparation of monthly journal entries, recurring entries, bank reconciliations, revaluation of balance sheet, as well as balance sheet reconciliations;
- the month-end close process (including sales reporting/commission reporting, commodity and sales tax filing, etc.) ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met;
- preparation and filing of monthly Commodity Tax reporting in Canada and for several US States;
- preparation and analysis of monthly business scorecard;
- manage the annual budget process, including preparation of department budgets and compiling the overall company budget;
- maintain the general ledger, cost control and analysis as required;
- monitor the financial operations of the company to ensure compliance with budgets;
- financial analysis i.e.: profitability by revenue type product/services, partner/channel;
- calculate and issue financial and operating metrics, monthly and annual statements;
- calculate variances from the budget, rolling forecast and report significant issues to management;
- support Product Management with required financial analysis (i.e.: pricing, profitability, etc.);
- monitor and support taxation issues and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities;
- collaborate with the management team and executives to create the annual business plan to enable the company to meet its strategic objectives;
- evaluate and support government subsidies, programs and tax credits (i.e.: SRED, IRAP);
- recommend policies and procedures relating to financial and business practices of the company to ensure consistent internal controls and improve efficiencies across the company;
- recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations;
- participate in planning the objectives, methods and resources of short and long-range financial operations of the company; and
- assist in implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the integration to GP.
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have:
- a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in an accounting role for a private company or division of a large corporation or accounting firm;
- a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration;
- a Professional Accounting Designation (CMA/CGA/CA);
- excellent computer skills including proficiency in accounting software (preferably Microsoft GP) and Microsoft office;
- experience with and a thorough understanding of foreign currency accounting;
- the ability to perform well in all types of situations, with a sense of responsibility and professionalism;
- the skills to adapt and prioritize in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- the ability to work well independently and also be a good team player;
- high attention to detail, strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills;
- good verbal and written communication skills;
- previous experience or a demonstrated aptitude for managing people;
- the ability to lead and mentor a team; and
- knowledge of the software industry would be nice, especially revenue recognition.
What to do now?
Qualified candidates can send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Those who are selected for consideration will be contacted.