Location: Vaughan, ON
JUST A 5-MINUTE WALK FROM VAUGHAN METROPOLITAN CENTRE SUBWAY STATION
Apply to this position: firstname.lastname@example.org
Omnivex Corporation provides software that enables organizations to transform data into visual communications and experiences. Our focus is on digital communications platforms to enable organizations to easily collect, process, and deliver targeted information across their entire business on any screen. Our goal is to improve our customers’ employee engagement, drive safety, reduce costs, build brand awareness, market growth and improve customer experience with visual communications. If this sounds intriguing to you, be part of our energetic and fast growing team!
We encourage a fun, open atmosphere that caters to driven, dedicated, bright, and creative individuals who enjoy designing and building quality products with cutting-edge technologies.
As Development Manager, you will have a number of responsibilities but your primary job function will be to get quality products released on time and on budget. To do this you will need to provide management and oversight to the development teams, making sure they are able to work as efficiently as possible, and ensuring they have clear goals and that nothing prevents them from doing their work. You must recognize and rely upon the expertise and skills of team members to aid them in achieving success; ensuring that they are working effectively at achieving their objectives and be prepared to contribute and find solutions if they are not. This position will be accountable for managing and contributing to all aspects of software development including architecture, design, implementation, testing and documentation.
The right candidate will have:
- excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to be able to defend your recommendations and moderate discussions;
- a proven track record of delivering significant results;
- a minimum of 5 years of experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software and have overseen the development and deployment of at least one successful, massively scalable SaaS project;
- a minimum of 5 years of experience as a people manager in a software development organization and the ability to lead and mentor a team in an Agile development environment;
- a good understanding of team development best practices and measurement metrics and tools;
- the ability to motivate and inspire all members of the team (both a local and remote workforce) in a continual learning environment and provide assistance and feedback on career development and ongoing improvement;
- good project management skills from scoping, estimating, budgeting, and documenting through to ensuring targets and deadlines are met and stakeholders are updated;
- familiarity with the current state of technology and tools and constantly stay updated and abreast of changes and new developments to make recommendations on development direction; and
- the ability to promote corporate culture and identify and support actions that adhere to our core values with a sense of responsibility and professionalism.
How to apply
Qualified candidates can send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and those who are selected for consideration will be contacted.
Omnivex Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.