Omnivex Corporation provides software that enables organizations to transform data into visual communications and experiences. Our focus is on digital communications platforms to enable organizations to easily collect, process, and deliver targeted information across their entire business on any screen. Our goal is to improve our customers’ employee engagement, drive safety, reduce costs, build brand awareness, market growth and improve customer experience with visual communications. If this sounds intriguing to you, be part of our energetic and growing team!
Omnivex is known industry wide as a great place to work – an organization that offers a stimulating career, gratifying professional relationships, and the opportunity to grow and shape your future potential. We are thorough and discerning in our recruiting and selection – we strive to identify highly talented candidates who exercise integrity, intelligence, a proactive approach, a commitment to excellence, and who recognize that hard work leads to tremendous rewards.
We encourage a fun, open atmosphere that caters to driven, dedicated, bright, and creative individuals who enjoy designing and building quality products with cutting-edge technologies.
We currently have a need for a Network & DevOps Engineer | Business Application Administrator. Responsibilities for the right candidate may include:
- Support the Network Architect in maintaining and enhancing the information technology and voice infrastructure, on-premise and in the cloud
- Aid in assessing business and applications requirements for data and voice networks
- Assist in planning, designing and upgrading infrastructure and applications
- Support the maintenance of backup and security systems
- Troubleshoot network performance and connectivity problems
- Administer the operation of all network services according to company policies and procedures
- Assist in DevOps activities, including but not limited to application deployment, building automation scripts/tools, creating reports and dashboards of application infrastructure
- Implement business application functionality to meet business-related functional requirements
- Facilitate the translation of business requirements into functional requirements
- Collaborate with business users to ensure application functionality is implemented to meet business requirements
- Work closely with business users to resolve ongoing functional issues
- Create documentation for procedures, workflows and user guides
- Complete the technical migration from old to new business application systems
- Develop & implement high quality solutions that meet client needs
- Collect and document business and technical requirements, for the purpose of designing solutions that meet clients’ needs
- Develop customized customer solutions leveraging standard scripting development tools (Iron Python, C#, etc.).
- Develop integrations with third party software APIs.
- Collaborate with clients, partners and employees in order to design and implement solutions
- Coordinate the efforts of other contributors (Omnivex employees, partners/subcontractors, clients)
- Ensure a smooth hand-off from delivery to support
- Build lasting client relationships
- Log activity
- Support backup team member
- As a backup support team member, resolve customer support inquiries (via email, phone, Skype) and participate in the emergency after hours support on call rotation
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, problem-solving & analytical skills, interpersonal & collaboration skills
- Is self-motivated with an interest in learning new technology and business processes
- Familiarity with C# and/or a scripting language is an asset
- Familiarity with databases and reporting tools is an asset
- Exposure to customizing Dynamics CRM is an asset
- Knowledge of troubleshooting in a Microsoft environment is an asset
- Exposure to cloud environments and Azure in particular is an asset
- Technical support experience is an asset
How to apply
Omnivex is prepared to offer competitive compensation to the right candidate. If you are interested in learning new things and working on exciting multimedia projects that are a departure from the ordinary & mundane, we are interested in you!
Qualified candidates residing within driving distance of the Greater Toronto Area are invited to forward a covering letter and a current resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Omnivex Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.