The following is a description of the files we recommend creating backup versions of and a brief description of what the files contain.
We recommend creating a backup of your DSP file and all of the associated content files.
To make this easier, we recommend saving your DSP files, and any content files, in a single folder in the Content folder (C:\Program Files\Omnivex\Display 3\Content), then creating a backup of the Content folder.
Note: Because your Content files are stored on the Director computer and can be transmitted at any time, it is not necessary to back up your content on your Player.
- Data folder (C:\Program Files\Omnivex\Display 3\Director\DATA), contains files that save most of the data you have entered into Director, including Devices and Schedules.
- Display.INI (C:\Program Files\Omnivex\Display 3\Director), contains all the settings you have configured in the Options dialog box, such as your DataPipe communications and device transmission settings.
- Logs folder (C:\Program Files\Omnivex\Display 3\Director\Logs), contains device transmission data and content logs (if you have activated the content logging function).
- Player.EXT (C:\Program Files\Omnivex\Display 3\Player), contains the list of media file extensions that you can run in a Player. If you haven't changed the list, you do not need to create a backup of this file.
- Player.INI (C:\Program Files\Omnivex\Display 3\Player), contains all the settings you have configured in the Options dialog box, such as your DataPipe and FTP communications settings.