When you first install SQLLink 4 (versions 4.04.5424 or lower), you must register your software in order to run it. You can register at any time. Each copy of Omnivex software must be registered separately. The registrations are hardware specific. If you change computers for any reason, you must re-register the software.
Before you run Omnivex SQLLink 4 for the first time, you need to register your software. To register your software you need to obtain and submit your Installation ID.
Note: If you are using a hardware dongle, make sure you have connected it to the PC on which you have installed SQLLink 4. Include the dongle number in your e-mail.
To submit your Installation ID and begin the registration process:
Start the SQLLink 4 Registration utility by clicking Start > Program Files > Omnivex > SQLLink 4 Reg.
Note:The registration utility automatically starts if SQLLink 4 is launched prior to registration.
The Omnivex SQLLink 4 Registration dialog box appears.
Click E-mail to Omnivex. This generates an automatic e-mail that contains your product information and Installation ID. Include your contact information and PC name data in the e-mail.
If you are replacing existing hardware with a new PC, in the body of your E-mail include:
- the old PC name
- the installation ID from the old PC
- a description of why the PC is being replaced
- Send the e-mail to the Omnivex registration department.
You have successfully submitted your Installation ID to Omnivex Registration. Allow 1-3 business days for a reply. When Omnivex Registration e-mails the registration file to you, you can register the software.
Before you add the registration file, ensure:
- The Omnivex software is not currently running.
- You are on the PC from which the Installation ID was submitted.
- If you are using a dongle, ensure that it is attached to the PC.
To add your registration file:
- In the Omnivex software directory (default location C:\Program Files\Omnivex\SQLLink 4), select Tools > Folder Options. The Folder Options dialog box appears.
- Click the View tab.
- Clear the Hide file extensions for known file types check box.
- Copy the TXT file from the Omnivex registration e-mail into the Omnivex software directory.
- Right click on the TXT file and change the extension to LIC.
- Navigate to your computer's local services and restart the Omnivex SQLLink 4 Service or restart your computer.