Default settings for Windows 7 prevent you from:
- remotely upgrading Display Player from Display Director.
- remotely registering Display Player from Display Director.
- running your player screen saver from a location other than the default location.
Default installation settings and features for Windows 7 prevent Display 3 from performing specific functions on the players on your network.
- The feature that stops remote access is User Account Control (UAC) and by default it is turned on.
- The Windows 7 screen saver prevents you from navigating to any location other than the default location for Player.exe in order to run it as the screen saver.
Make sure that both the Display Director and the Display Player computers have UAC turned off.
To turn off UAC:
- From the Windows Control Panel dialog, click User Accounts and Family Safety. The dialog changes.
- Click User Accounts. The Make changes to your user account dialog appears.
- Click Change User Account Control settings. The Choose when to be notified about changes to your computer dialog appears.
- Drag the notification level slider down to Never notify.
- Click OK.
- When prompted, click Restart to restart your computer so the new UAC settings take effect.
When using Player as a screen saver under Windows 7, ensure that Player.exe has been installed into the default installation directory or it will not run.
The default installation directory is: C:\Program Files\Omnivex\Display 3\Player\
If Player.exe is installed in a different directory than the default directory, it must be uninstalled and reinstalled into default directory.
To reinstall the Display Player:
- From the Windows Control Panel dialog by, in Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- Select Omnivex Display 3 Player from the list of programs. The Uninstall button appears above the list in the dialog box.
- Click Uninstall.
- After the program has been removed, find the Display 3 Player installer and reinstall the program.
- Follow the installer prompts and accept the default settings.