Virtually all organizations need to have a way to notify their employees, customers, or visitors of potential fire, health or safety hazards. While audio alarms have long been the standard, visual communications provides a new and unique way to get real-time alerts and information out to people where and when they need it. Combining existing audio alarms with visual emergency notifications on devices like digital screens, video walls and mobile phones is a great way for organizations to improve their disaster preparedness and safety plans. Visual communications enables organizations to:
- Alert hearing impaired individuals
- Provide real-time updates on status of emergency situation, inclement weather, etc.
- Easily direct people to alternative exits
- Integrate with Internet of Things (IoT) devices such as sensors and alarms
- Notify people individually on their mobile phone or in groups on digital screens
- Use creative and content that will quickly draw attention to the screens