Creating Engaging Experiences in Sports & Entertainment Venues
Whether you are a theme park, sports venue, museum or movie theater, visual communication using devices such as digital signage and interactive kiosks can elevate the customer experience to an entirely new level. Applications can vary from large video screens to video walls to self serve kiosks to interactive wayfinding to digital menu boards. This improved customer experience leads to higher customer retention, improved satisfaction, and increased profit margins.
Digital communications can:
- Reduce perceived wait times by keeping visitors entertained
- Increase revenues through advertising sales and promotional messaging
- Improve navigation in large facilities with interactive wayfinding and digital signs
- Provide real-time information such as scores, news, weather, and emergency notifications
- Integrate with other systems such as lighting and game clocks to automatically change the digital signs based on predefined events or other criteria.
A great example of implementing digital signage in sports & entertainment is the Calgary Stampede, a not-for-profit community organization that preserves and celebrates western heritage, culture, and community. Every year the Calgary Stampede hosts hundreds of events, welcoming more than 1,000,000 guests to experience their own special brand of western hospitality. They wanted to provide real-time displays for meeting and event locations, as well as a system to improve wayfinding across the facility, enhance brand awareness and provide ticketing and flight iformtion as value-add to customers. With Omnivex Moxie, the Calgary Stampede has a platform that will grow with them as their needs change and evolve.