Moxie 7.03.6690 RELEASED
Omnivex has released a new version of Moxie – 7.03.6690 available in two editions; Moxie Enterprise and Moxie Commercial. A summary of the new features and improvements is listed below.
Existing Moxie customers with AMS can upgrade the version they purchased; Enterprise or Commercial.
Moxie Data Server is supported on Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016. Moxie Studio and Player are supported on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. For complete details on supported operating systems, refer to KB 308.
Also included in this release are recently updated versions of the following linking products:
- CalendarLink 3.10.005
- IOLink 3.10.005
- XMLLink 3.10.005
- SQLLink 4.10.6635.4
- DataPipe Client and Server 3.10.005
For information on obtaining the latest Moxie release, contact Omnivex Technical Services or download from the links below. We recommend staying current and planning your upgrade now!
- The upgrade to Moxie 7.03 requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, which will be installed automatically if missing
- Moxie 7.03 is available in both 64-bit and 32-bit editions (video capture is not available in the 64-bit edition)
- Moxie Studio and Player now available in 64-bit version
- Find feature available in all Open, Select and Assign dialog boxes in addition to Data Manager
- Enhancements to the Relationships feature
- PDFs now supported as content in playlists
- Enhanced connection information display
- Scripting API changes and enhancements
- Scripting module consolidation – Player Script Manager and Script Engine Manager are now combined as Script Manager
- Data Manager files and folders can no longer be renamed by default and require an option to enable
- Option to turn Player screens on and off available in System Manager
- When executing a long-running script on a Script Engine, a sudden or immediate shutdown of Script Engine may result in its script logs reporting the script task as still running
- On a multi-screen desktop, where the monitors use different DPI settings; if the Studio window is opened on the higher DPI monitor then moved to the lower DPI monitor, some of the Studio window may be cut off.
- Video Syncing between Players can drift when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. We recommend Windows 7 or removing the audio track from the video.
- Running a manual setup on a computer where Moxie components have been upgraded using remote client upgrade will cause two Omnivex Moxie entries in Programs and Features.
For more details on what’s in this release, refer to KB330
May 1, 2018