Omnivex released a new version of Moxie – 7.04.7340.1 available in two editions; Moxie Enterprise and Moxie Commercial.
This is the third released version of Moxie 7.04; 7.04.7102.1 and 7.04.7082.1 were released in 2019. We recommend installing or upgrading to 7.04.7340.1, as this version includes additional fixes and enhancements - a summary of the new features and improvements is listed below.
Existing Moxie customers with AMS can upgrade to the version they have purchased; Enterprise or Commercial.
Moxie Data Server is supported on Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016. Moxie Studio and Player are supported on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. For complete details on supported operating systems, refer to KB 308.
Also included in this release is the recently updated version of SQLLink 4.10.7338.1 which upgrades the database to SQL Compact 4.0
For information on obtaining the latest Moxie release, contact Omnivex Technical Services or download from the links below. We recommend staying current and planning your upgrade now!
- The upgrade to Moxie 7.04 is only available in a 64-bit edition
NEW FEATURES in 7.04 (all versions)
- Support for 64-bit video capture
- Inbound sync tasks are now triggered automatically by updates to files in the system folder
- Script tasks can be configured to run automatically when the Script Engine or Player starts
- Value-changed scripts can be configured to ignore specific values
- Support for Chromium web content
- Moxie now generates unique event IDS for Windows Event log messages
- Monitor enables the option to restart Players without the Moxie splash screen
CHANGES in 7.04 (all versions)
- Scripting API changes and enhancements
- Data Server checks license fingerprint every 30 seconds
- Significant performance improvements to inbound file sync to accommodate large folder structures
ADDITIONAL FIXES IN VERSION 7.04.7340.1
- Updated to use SQL Compact Server 4.0 with an expanded database size of 2 GB (installs automatically if not present)
Performance enhancements and optimizations, including:
- improved messaging prioritization
- improved service shutdown
- reduced Player content request traffic
- increased file-transfer speed and efficiency
- more efficient messaging between clients and Data Server
- New performance counters added for monitoring server performance
For more details on what’s in this release, refer to KB 349
February 5, 2020