Step-by-step instructions on how to perform a silent install of the Moxie Player and Studio applications.
A silent install is a software installation that circumvents the use of an installer application. User interaction is not required during the installation process because install instructions and options are configured before the installation is initiated.
Installation can be performed on an individual computer or throughout your network using your own installation deployment tools.
- The installation of Microsoft SQL CE 3.5 SP2 is a prerequisite for all installations of Moxie 7.01 through Moxie 7.04.7082.1
- The installation of Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 is a prerequisite for all installations of Moxie 7.04.7340.1 through 7.06.7815.1
- The installation of SQLite is a prerequisite for all installations of Moxie 7.07 and higher
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 are prerequisites for all installations of Moxie 7.01 or higher
- The installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (32-bit or 64-bit edition, dependant on Moxie edition being installed) is required for all installations of Moxie 7.03 or higher
- The installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable 64-bit edition, is required for all installations of Moxie 7.04
- If a 32-bit version of Moxie is upgraded to a 64-bit versions, the upgrade installs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Omnivex\
The following steps are required:
- Contact Omnivex Technical Services (email@example.com) to get the Moxie MSI file.
- If a mass deployment is being performed, use a deployment tool to copy the Moxie MSI file onto all of the installation target computers.
- Perform a silent install of Moxie Studio or Player on a computer using the Command Prompt either locally or remotely initiated.
- Moxie Player and Studio must be configured so they can connect to their Moxie Data Server. See Configuring your Player and Studio to connect to the Data Server.
There are Windows settings and applications that work with Moxie that must be installed and configured before installation can start.
If a new installation of Moxie Studio or Player is being performed, SQLlite (7.07 and higher available here) or Microsoft SQL Compact Server (7.06 and lower, no longer supported by Microsoft) must be installed first.
Ensure that the .NET Framework is 4.6.1 or higher and the correct version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable has been installed.
- Obtain MSI file from Omnivex Technical Services and place it in C:\ProgramData\Omnivex\Moxie\$MoxieInstaller$
Install Moxie Studio or Player
When performing a silent installation of Studio or Player, a command containing all parameters and configuration details must be entered into the Command Prompt. The commands are different depending on whether the Moxie Studio, Player or both are being installed.
In the Command Prompt, change directories to C:\ProgramData\Omnivex\Moxie\$MoxieInstaller$.
As one, unbroken line, type the following commands to install:
msiexec /i "C:\ProgramData\Omnivex\Moxie\$MoxieInstaller$\Omnivex Moxie Setup.msi" ADDLOCAL="Placeholder,Agent,Studio,ireport,DataServerConnection" /quiet
msiexec /i "C:\ProgramData\Omnivex\Moxie\$MoxieInstaller$\Omnivex Moxie Setup.msi" ADDLOCAL="Placeholder,Agent,Player,ireport,DataServerConnection,RemoteDeployConsole" /quiet
Moxie Studio and Player:
msiexec /i "C:\ProgramData\Omnivex\Moxie\$MoxieInstaller$\Omnivex Moxie Setup.msi" ADDLOCAL="Placeholder,Agent,Player,Studio,ireport,DataServerConnection,RemoteDeployConsole" /quiet
The above commands contain the following elements:
Element Description msiexec /i "C:\ProgramData\Omnivex\Moxie\$MoxieInstaller$\Omnivex Moxie Setup.msi" start the Moxie MSI installation ADDLOCAL=" " A quote enclosed list of Moxie components to install Placeholder Mandatory: constructs the installation directory structure Agent Mandatory: installs necessary Agent components Player Optional: Only if installing Moxie Player on this computer Studio Optional: Only if installing Studio on this computer ireport Mandatory: installs the ireport components which are used for remote Player and Studio functionality as well as troubleshooting. DataServerConnection Optional: A tool for manually starting the Data Server Connection Wizard. RemoteDeployConsole Optional: Only if installing Moxie Player on this computer. Required for Moxie Player remote upgrades. /quiet Optional: Suppresses all dialogs during installation
- Moxie Studio:
Configure your Player or Studio to connect to the Data Server
A new install of Moxie Player or Studio must connect to its Data Server to access data and content.
Start the application Notepad and copy and paste the following code block into a new document.
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
In the tag:
- DataServerTransport, enter the text Computer Name.
- DataServerAddress, enter the Data Server computer's hostname or IP address. In this example, The_DataServer has been entered.
- DataServerAliasName, enter the text Data Server.
- DataServerQueue, enter the Port number used for communication with the Data Server. In this example, the default port number 2293 has been entered.
DataServerPassphrase, enter the passphrase for connecting to the Data Server, if this has been configured. If there is no passphrase configured, replace <DataServerPassphrase>YourPassphrase</DataServerPassphrase> with
- DataServerComputerAlias, enter the Data Server computer's hostname. In this example, The_DataServer has been entered.
- PlayerIDs, create a tag for each Player ID, if applicable (typically only one, unless you are going to have multiple players running on a single computer). Player IDs are created from the System Manager module. If you don't have Player IDs enabled, then remove the YourID from the quotations as such <PlayerID id=""/>.
- Save the file in Moxie\Agent\Preload in the install directory, and name the file AliasConnection.xml.
- In the Command Prompt, type: net start "Omnivex Moxie Agent" to start the Moxie Agent service.
- In the Command Prompt, type: shutdown -r -t 60 to restart the computer after a 60-second pause.
When the Player or Studio computer restarts, the Moxie Agent has already established the connection to the Data Server. The Moxie Player then starts automatically a few minutes after logging onto your computer.If the Moxie Player installation is configured with a shortcut in the system Startup directory, system startup and Moxie Player start can be automated.