This article lists the new features and changes in Moxie version 7.07. It is intended for anyone planning to upgrade their installation of Moxie 7.06. All Moxie components, including Data Server, Player, Studio and services must be upgraded to 7.07 to ensure compatibility.
There are three released versions of Moxie 7.07; 7.07.7968.1, 7.07.7914.1 and 7.07.7846.2. We recommend installing or upgrading to 7.07.7968.1, as this version includes additional fixes and is the currently supported version. Other versions have been deprecated and are no longer available for download.
As of July 2021, Microsoft ended their support of SQL Compact Edition (SQL CE).
Due to this, SQL CE is no longer installed or used by Moxie, and has been replaced in all instances by SQLite. During installation of the Data Server database, you have the option of using SQL Server or SQLite. All other components use SQLite.
Existing SQL CE databases are converted to SQLite during upgrade.
Note: Existing versions of SQL CE are not removed when upgrading to Moxie 7.07
- now supports views. Different views of the data tree can be created, saved and designated as default views
- has Preview for layouts, playlists or media that launches a preview in a new window. Pressing CTRL when selecting this option launches the preview at actual size.
- New type of metadata field, SingleChoice, is now available when creating custom metadata fields. This type enables a list of choices to be defined for values, but enables only a single one of those values to be assigned to a selected item.
new data lookup feature when databinding a single-value property. When databinding a property, specify a:
- lookup range of cells
- a metadata field, and
- a results range of cells
- new event type, end-of-data event, performs specified actions when sequencing data (text collection, table collection, image folder, image data range or layout list) reaches the end of the data range.
- new data lookup feature when databinding a single-value property. When databinding a property, specify a:
In Layout Designer the Chromium version for web content has been upgraded from 73 to 90:
- uses the computer graphics card GPU for better rendering performance
- WebRTC feeds can now be played natively following the WC3/IETF standard
- when using layered web content (Allow Layers on Top), WPF performance has been greatly enhanced; repaints only occur when something changes on the web page and only the updates are repainted
ADDITIONAL CHANGES IN VERSION 7.07.7914.1
- Playlist Builder rule evaluation has been optimized to increase the speed at which rules with many clauses are evaluated
ENHANCEMENTS AND FIXES
- Data Manager find feature now supports finding values in cells anywhere within a selected folder or sheet
- Support for copying and pasting metadata fields and values between files and/or players
- Player names without the GUID in their locators no longer cause Moxie Studio to crash
- Player Manager now supports the ability to open either the draft or release version of assigned content
- Cut-out background feature in Shapes now renders correctly when display is set to greater than 100%
- When previewing Chromium-based web content, pressing ESC to close the preview window no longer causes the Moxie Studio to crash
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS AND FIXES IN 7.07.7914.1
- Added fault tolerance to Sync Service to manage incomplete file transfers
- Fix to issue in Layout Designer causing Chromium web content (containing a WEBGL-based HTML page) to render slowly
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS AND FIXES IN 7.07.7968.1
- Fix to issue in Layout Designer and Playlist Builder where the Databinding dialog does not appear to get data updates
- Fix to issues where spot content causes the Player to crash
- When previewing a playlist, any defined actions no longer occur. Actions still occur when the playlist is run on a player.
- Relationships feature does not support data lookup in data bound properties; sheets used in data lookups are not identified in relationship results
- When syncing files into Moxie from an Omnivex Ink gallery, the schedule dates and times are converted to the local time of the computer on which the Sync Service is running (for example, a start time of 8 a.m. entered in Ink through a browser running on EST, but synced in by a Sync Service running on PST will be stored in Moxie as 5 a.m.)
- When executing a long-running script on a Script Engine, a sudden or immediate shutdown of Script Engine may result in its script logs reporting the script task as still running.
- On a multi-screen desktop, where the monitors use different DPI settings; if the Studio window is opened on the higher DPI monitor then moved to the lower DPI monitor, some of the Studio window may be cut off.
- Video Syncing between Players can drift when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. We recommend removing the audio track from the video.
- Running a manual setup on a computer where Moxie components have previously been upgraded using remote client upgrade creates a duplicate Omnivex Moxie entry in Programs and Features.
- Sync Service stops when credentials to the file system location are incorrect, see KB 353.