KB 365: WHAT'S NEW IN MOXIE 7.08
This article lists the new features and changes in Moxie version 7.08. It is intended for anyone planning to upgrade their installation of Moxie 7.07. All Moxie components, including Data Server, Player, Studio and services must be upgraded to 7.08 to ensure compatibility.
In order to take advantage of the new VLC Media Player support in both Layout Designer and Playlist Builder, the VLC Media Player must be installed on both the Studio computer and any Player computers that will be running this content. The VLC Media Player is available for download here.
- now supports the Ken Burns effect for images
- now supports new media player options; VLC Media Player and streaming media, in addition to the Windows Media player that was previously supported
- shape content with a cut-out, can now be configured to automatically size and position an application running on the desktop so that it appears inside the cut-out
- get the value of a Player metadata field
- refresh the web page a single time or on a timed interval
- detect ‘show page’ and ‘hide page’ events
- Playlist Builder now supports the VLC Media Player, in addition to the Windows Media player that was previously supported
- Layout Designer and Playlist Builder have a new preview, which allows player offsets and/or player metadata values to be applied, providing the ability to simulate running the content on a specific Player.
- New Dedicated DataPipe connection column in Player Manager and System Manager views
- The Moxie Scripting API now provides the ability to delete any Moxie application (except the Data Server).
- In Playlist Builder, the evaluation of upcoming items in playlists has been expanded to look ahead for web content in layouts and pre-load it, eliminating any visible gaps/jumps at the Player caused by the web page loading
- Relationships feature now supports offsets and data lookups
- In Script Manager, the Script Engines tab now supports sorting
- In Permission Manager Players, Script Engines and Sync Services are now sorted by name
ENHANCEMENTS AND FIXES
In Playlist Builder
- Fix to restore execution of actions during playlist preview
- Fix to playlist rule builder to flag mismatched brackets
- In Data Manager, while files are uploading, they now appear greyed-out until the upload is complete
- In Player Manager, when missing content is detected during transmission, the Assigned item displays in red
In Layout Designer:
- Fix to restore correct default line spacing for text
- Text databinding now works for cells containing the word ‘Range’
- Databound text with small font size now shows correct spacing between word-wrapped lines
- Cut-out shape with databound position properties now moves in response to changes in values.
- When syncing files into Moxie from an Omnivex Ink gallery, the schedule dates and times are converted to the local time of the computer on which the Sync Service is running (for example, a start time of 8 a.m. entered in Ink through a browser running on EST, but synced in by a Sync Service running on PST will be stored in Moxie as 5 a.m.)
- When executing a long-running script on a Script Engine, a sudden or immediate shutdown of Script Engine may result in its script logs reporting the script task as still running.
- On a multi-screen desktop, where the monitors use different DPI settings; if the Studio window is opened on the higher DPI monitor then moved to the lower DPI monitor, some of the Studio window may be cut off.
- Video Syncing between Players can drift when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. We recommend removing the audio track from the video.
- Running a manual setup on a computer where Moxie components have previously been upgraded using remote client upgrade creates a duplicate Omnivex Moxie entry in Programs and Features.
- Sync Service stops when credentials to the file system location are incorrect, see KB 353.
- When using the color picker on a second screen with a different DPI than the primary screen, the selection will be offset. The workaround is to verify the current color selection using the color box that appears to the right of the eyedropper cursor, while making your selection. You can also verify the RBG or HEX color values from the Color Chooser dialog box and change them as necessary.