Omnivex released a new version of Moxie – 6.15.5884 available in two editions; Moxie Enterprise and Moxie Commercial. A summary of the new features and improvements is listed below.
Existing Moxie customers with AMS can upgrade to the version they have purchased - Enterprise or Commercial. Moxie Server is supported on Windows Server 2008 and 2012. Moxie Studio and Player are supported on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. For complete details on supported operating systems, refer to KB 308.
Also included in this release are recently updated versions of the following linking products:
DataPipe Client and Server 3.07.032
For information on obtaining the latest Moxie release, contact Omnivex Technical Services or download from the links below. We recommend staying current and recommend you plan your upgrade now!
- Updated Studio to accommodate screens with high DPI settings.
- New Modern-view user interface making it easier to customize and increase design productivity.
- Frequently used file management options added to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Performance enhancements to the web zone (ex. enables RTSP streaming video with VLC plug-in)
- Addition of a native web zone asset type providing ability to choose rendering methods for web content and to enable interactions such as multi-touch and swipe.
- DataPipe configuration has moved from the Data Manager to the System Manager options.
- Some ribbon properties have been relocated for better usability.
- Video Syncing between Players can drift when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. We recommend Windows 7 or removing the audio track from the video.
- Dynamically changing channels on video capture devices is not possible while playing in a layout.
- DPI setting differences between the Studio and player screens, may cause a playback alignment issue while playing content in a native web zone.
- Passphrase and Player IDs are not supported with the Data Proxy.
For more details on what’s in this release, please refer to KB 325.
February 22, 2016
Customers with current AMS agreements can download a copy of the latest version of Moxie Enterprise (6.15) from here and Moxie Commercial (6.15) from here. You must be logged into the website to access this URL.