This article lists the new features and changes in Moxie version 7.01. It is intended for anyone planning to upgrade their installation of Moxie 6.15. All Moxie components, including Data Server, Player, Studio and services must be upgraded to 7.01 to ensure compatibility.
The upgrade to Moxie 7.01 requires .NET Framework 4.6.1. This must be installed on all Moxie system computers before starting the upgrade process. The Moxie installers will not proceed unless .NET 4.6.1 (or higher) is detected.
As of Moxie 7.01, the Moxie Data Proxy has been deprecated and is no longer supported. Its functionality has been replaced by a new feature; local Player data. If you are currently using a Proxy in your Moxie network, contact Technical Services for assistance with your upgrade.
Note: Running the Moxie 7.01 installer automatically uninstalls Data Proxy if it is detected.
- Ability for Players to connect directly to a DataPipe Server. When this feature is configured, a Player obtains global-sheet data from the Data Server and local-sheet data from the DataPipe Server to which it is connected.
Ability for players to run scripts directly, rather than through a Script Engine:
- new module, Player Script Manager, used to create script tasks that can be assigned to run at Players
- scripts can be run by a script action (defined on an event from a layout or playlist) or a script task
- Studio inactivity time-out temporarily disconnects a Studio that has been inactive for a configured period of time
- Modernized Studio look with an updated set of ribbon and module icons
- Layout Designer now supports the use of data-binding the source of an image folder
- PDF versions of the User Guides have been moved to the Omnivex website
- Quicklink component has been removed from the Moxie installer. This product is still available in an independent installer. Contact Technical Services for assistance.
- "Omnivex Moxie Player Upgrade" MSI has been renamed “Omnivex Moxie Client Upgrade” and supports upgrading the Moxie Studio, in addition to the Player
- DataPipe Server can be remotely upgraded or installed on a Player computer through the System Manager module
- The MSI files for remote Moxie Client and DataPipe Server upgrades are automatically installed in the Deployments folder in the Data Manager
Additions to the Moxie scripting API. Now scripts can:
- access Player metadata and offset values (read only)
- restart the Player
- which application is running the script (Script Engine or Player)
- the Player connection status
- the sheet index
- Player Manager supports a new player property; Allow Scripts. This setting defaults to “Yes”. If set to “No”, no scripts will run at the Player regardless of the trigger source
- Player property “Logging” has been renamed to “Content Logging”, to differentiate from the new script-logging function
- Modern view now includes Sample Workspace under “Get help getting started”
Enhancements and Fixes
- Setup file has been optimized and is smaller
- Fix to copy and paste of range of cells when blank cells existed at the end
- On Studio startup, old module ZIP files are removed from ProgramData
- Fix to Windows 10 issue with re-displaying hidden task bar on maximized Studio
- Wayfinding animated arrow now supports color changes
- Fix to bullet gauge scale visibility, now respects “Show Scale” setting
- Video capture now supports live changes to the analog TV channel (Player restart no longer required)
- Moxie no longer crashes when text with image is pasted into a static text box
- Image data range now respects “Hide Blank Rows” when a transition is defined between items
- Fixes to guide line feature
- Fix to cylinder gauge default-value application
- Fix to playlist copy, no longer duplicates last item
- Fix to sub-playlist drag-and-drop function, moved playlist no longer adopts its parent’s type
- System Manager now updates Player status when Player Manager is opened first
- Player properties in Player Manager reordered to fix issue of setting width to small number combined with turning off the window border
- Window Lock state is now cached locally at the Player
- Data Server storage of the Players’ “Current Status” has changed from a single string to a structured XML format. Custom tools relying on this data need to be updated to accommodate the new format.
- Moxie Enterprise clients are allowed to install linking products on Moxie network computers without additional license fees
- Licensed versions of IOLink, XMLLink, CalendarLink, SQLLink and DataPipe Server no longer require registration
- SQLLink now requires .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher
- On a multi-screen desktop, where the monitors use different DPI settings; if the Studio window is opened on the higher DPI monitor then moved to the lower DPI monitor, some of the Studio window may be cut off. The workaround is to move Studio to the lower DPI monitor, close Studio and relaunch on that monitor.
- Video Syncing between Players can drift when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. The workaround is to use Windows 7 or remove the audio track from the video.
- Running a manual installation on a computer where Moxie components have been upgraded remotely causes all installed components to be flagged for upgrade, even if they are already the same version. Continuing with the setup results in two Moxie entries in Programs and Features. The workaround is to uninstall the remotely upgraded components first, then proceed with the manual installation.